How to Properly Exfoliate Your Skin at Home
Why Use an Exfoliator?
With our busy lifestyles, it is usually just a jump in the shower with some shower gel or soap, and then we pop straight out. But, it is important to include an exfoliator in your routine; one, because it has so many skin benefits, and two, it's essential to make time for yourself and treat your skin. Scrubbing your skin with an exfoliant is more vital than it is advertised. A natural body or face scrub typically made with some sort of sugar-like texture or ingredient works away to rid any dead skin cells and reveal a smooth layer of skin you never knew you had.
The Benefits of Exfoliating Your Skin and Tips!
Exfoliating your skin can do wonders for you. It can make your skin feel smoother and brighter, reduce acne and blackheads, and help with wrinkles and fine lines. Here are some tips when exfoliating skin and some suggestions on the best exfoliator to include in your routine:
- You don't have to use harsh chemicals to exfoliate your skin. There are many ways to do that—from using a scrubbing brush or a loofah to using a gentle face wash or an exfoliating gel. The important thing is that you find the one that suits you best and is suitable for your skin type.
- Make sure to use water when exfoliating, as applying the exfoliate directly on your skin can be too harsh, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Apply gently to the skin as an exfoliator can be harsher than an everyday shower gel.
- Invest in a good exfoliant. We suggest using the Jericho Peeling Body Scrub Sheer Goddess Exfoliant. This is the best exfoliator for someone who has not ventured into the exfoliant world before. This product contains Dead Sea minerals and natural oils to ensure silky soft skin.
- Once you have hopped out of the shower, be sure to follow up with a moisturiser. We recommend using the Jericho Body Butter Sheer Youth (Orange Flowers). It’s a perfect follow-up moisturiser since it’s enriched with Cocoa Seed Butter, natural oils and Dead Sea minerals. Your skin will be thanking you.
- Make sure to exfoliate your body only two to three times per week. It is important to not over-exfoliate your skin, as this could lead to skin irritation.
Exfoliating your skin is highly important to maintain healthy-looking skin. Plus, it's an essential part of self-care! Check out more of Jericho skin products to add to your self-care routine today.