Why Is Sulphur Soap Recommended for People with Skin Conditions?
What Is Sulphur Soap and Why Use It?
Sulphur soap is a type of soap that can be used for treating skin conditions such as eczema and acne. Sulphur is an effective treatment for many skin conditions because it has antibacterial properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling, redness and itchiness. Sulphur soaps are also often used to treat acne because they have antimicrobial properties that kill breakout-causing bacteria.
How to Use Sulphur Soap
- Generate a generous lather with the soap. Aim to use warmer water.
- Wash the areas you would like to focus on, and then rinse.
- Use the soap again, apply it to affected areas and wash these areas for longer this time.
- Remove this second lather off with a towel.
- Remember to ease into using sulphur soap to avoid any unexpected irritation. Start by using it once a day, then increase it to two times a day. But, ensure that you are monitoring your skin each time you apply the soap to your skin, as skin irritation may occur if an individual has sensitive skin. If this occurs, only do the above steps once a day or twice a week.
Sulphur Soap Works to Heal Skin Conditions
Sulphur soap can heal different types of skin conditions, such as:
- Fungal infections
What to Look for When Buying Sulphur Soap in Australia?
When buying sulphur soap, don’t forget to read the ingredient label. Look for healthy ingredients like olive oil and aloe vera. They will help nourish your skin while the sulphur gently works to unclog your pores and fight against impurities. One perfect example is Jericho Skincare Australia’s Active Sulphur Soap.
Our Active Sulphur Soap is specially formulated for men & women with oily skin, including those with skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Its sulphur element will reduce inflammation, decrease oiliness & kill the bacteria that often cause pimples. Plus, it is enriched with olive oil, aloe vera and other natural ingredients to soothe your skin while maintaining its natural moisture.
If you prefer an alternative to sulphur soap or have tried it and want something different, why not check out Jericho Skincare’s other soothing soaps? Our collection includes an array of shower gels & soaps, including the popular Purifying Mud Soap, which offers a gentle but deep cleansing of the skin.
This luxurious soap also contains black mud from the Dead Sea, which works to draw out any impurities on the skin gently. Not convinced? Just try it out for yourself!